Thursday, August 28, 2008

Phew . . . I made it!

Well the weekend is almost here, and what a weekend I hope it will be. The boys start school on Tuesday, so this is their last summer weekend. We have some last minute school shopping to attend to and maybe a dinner out to celebrate the fact that they are another grade older. Then on Tuesday I will be seeing my little men off to 2nd and 4th grade. Awww . . .
When they first started school I was so excited that they were growing up and 1st grade seemed so cool. Now I realize how fast the years actually go, and pretty soon they will be in 7th grade and in Jr. High, then in 9th and in high school. Its hard to imagine that my oldest son only has 3 more grades to complete in elementary school. Yikes!

I want so much for them to grown up with a good heart and a strong mind. I don't want bullies, or the super shy kid (like me) I want them to explore all they can, yet try to remain safe while doing it.

So far so good. I have 2 wonderful sons. Zack my little blond haired chef. I can't cook anything without him on the counter. If he even hears the pots and pans making noise, then he is in the kitchen lickity split. He would rather watch the cooking channel then cartoons, which is actually a nightly semi-battle between the 2 of them. Johnathan would rather watch cartoons or some strange ninja warrior contest and Zack wants to watch Rachel Ray or Bobby Flay, and yes he knows all there names. Zack also love to vacuum, but don't be fooled by his love of cooking and cleaning, he is a boy all the way. We're talking big 4x4 trucks, and dirt, and flames, and anything with a skull on it. He is the perfect mix of naughty and nice. Johnathan is completely different than Zack. he doesn't much care for cooking but will occasionally help out. He doesn't like to clean much either (so far totally normal, right?) He like the Chinese warrior competitions on TV, and is really into all things Asian. He also wants to learn how to speak Tagalog and Chinese. I never thought I would have to tell a child "please put your homework away", but I do to him, all the time. He loves to do math problems, and just homework in general. He is very quick and likes to think that because he does so much homework and such that he just may be the smartest kid on the planet. Johnathan is a lover, he cares so much for other people. When he found out how some children in Africa had such a hard time, he actually cried about it. He poor little heart was broken for the lives of the other children he didn't even know. He is the perfect mix of sweet, smart, and sassy.

I love my boys more than anything in this whole wide world, and I hope to share that with a baby girl some day.


I love you guys so much and am so very proud of you.
Love,
Mom

No comments: