Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What is a "Koekje Mom"? Well . . .

Hey!! it looks like you (my delightful readers) have landed in quite a nice little spot (my blog). Let me start first by saying welcome and I hope you enjoy!!
A little about me: I am a mother of 2 very strong minded/willed/smelling boys, ages almost 8 (Zack) and 9 1/2 (Johnathan), and I am a girlfriend to my very wonderful better half (Greg).
What is “Koekje” you ask? Very good question. It is the Dutch word for ‘cookie’, or ‘little cake’ it’s pretty much the closest thing to ‘cupcake’ that I could find. I wanted something unique and since I an 90% Dutch with a sprinkle of Scottish I figured it would be a great way to be slightly in touch with my roots not to mention I think it just looks pretty cool. It is pronounced cook-yay, but there could be better way to explain how it sounds and I am all ears if someone has a suggestion.
I decided it was time to start writing about some of the things that I have created, would like to create, things that helped sort out my busy life, family stories, and who knows what else. Since I am trying to start a small cupcake/other random baked things shop I might as well start here and share stuff along the way. So here I am.
I hope to write tomorrow about what foodie thing I may attempt and hopefully post some pics of the outcome.

Thank you all for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Greg aka gadkins1974 said...

I think it's just flat-out awesome. Let's face facts.. you rule! :)