Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Birthday Cake Graveyard?? Oh, no . . .

So I know it has been quite some time since I have written, or even made anything. I have been busy with the boys and homework, my work, and just trying to figure out where dinner is coming from . . . and yes, WoW also.

Well, September is upon us and it's time for Zack's 8th birthday. He actual birthday was on Monday. I sang to him when he woke up and we took him out to a restaurant of him choice, he even got a piece of cake with a candle in it. Then he wanted to go to the park. It actually was a really nice day, the weather was perfect and the food was good. Hooray for Zack!!!


We are throwing him a party/BBQ this Saturday at a cool local park. I am pretty excited, not to mention that it should be a great day, but we are meeting our friends for the first time, so that is exciting as well.

I asked Zack what kind of cake he wanted and he, being the blood-loving child that he is, wanted a bloody, creepy, death cake. Those are his words not mine. I know most parents are think "oh, my what are they teaching that kid" well, he like scary movies and gore, but I figure that his super strong love for cooking and doing housework pretty much evens out the other stuff, right??


As for the cake. I am going for a grave yard look, complete with blood, scary tree, noose, headstones, and a shallow grave. It is still a work in progress, but here is the noose. I made 2 cause I wasn't sure what size would look best.
I am also making a tree out of wire and modeling chocolate. The headstones will be made of fondant as will a few bones and some leaves. I also am gonna use cherry or strawberry pie filling for my fake blood, probably tinted a bit darker to get a good bloody look.
Check back soon cause I will post more pics as soon as I get the other stuff done, and if anyone has any creepy ideas I would love to hear them.

No comments: