Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Herb and Cheese Semolina Cupcakes


I finally made my herb-y cupcakes. I used the Spanish Orange recipe as a starter and slightly modified it.

I omitted the oranges and I reduced the sugar down to about 1/4 Cup and added in a bunch of herbs, mine were mostly rosemary and thyme, I also used some onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. After beating it all up I added in about 1 cup shredded cheese, and since it was rather thick I put in about 1 C of sour cream and 1/2 C to 1 c of water (you could probably use milk or veggie stock). The batter should be slightly thinner than typical cake batter, and you can fill the cupcake tin or papers all the way up since there is almost no rise in these.

I may have put a bit to many herbs in them, because when they were cooking the house was scented rather strongly of herbs, and by strongly I mean over powering to me. Greg liked it tho, so who knows it may just have been me!

When done they looked really good, just like little cornbread muffins, but with a diff flavor and texture. These cupcakes would make a great add-on to almost any dinner or even lunch. I was thinking that a good hearty chicken and white bean soup would be great. Greg suggested drizzling some garlic butter over them.

No comments: