Thursday, September 4, 2008

1 week of school down, several left to go.

This week has felt really long and at the same time really fast. I am so glad that the weekend is near.

The boys' first week of school seemed to go really well, they are enjoying their new class mates and their teachers. So far, so good.

Last night me and Greg went to our first Portland Timbers game. It was better than I thought it was gonna be. I am not a big fan of any type of sporting event, unless you consider watching a CSI marathon an "event". I got the tickets through my work because Greg is such a big soccer fan (Chelsea, being his ultimate favorite) and I thought it would help take his mind of the everyday stresses that we all have, not to mention get us out of the house and away from the kids. I do love the boys but sometimes we need a small break that is something besides going to work. It was a really great night for going out also, the temp stayed around 70ish and the sky was clear. Over all it was a great night and I think that we may be going to quite a few other games and taking the boys with us as well.

I am not sure what I am gonna make this weekend. Since I still have quite a bit of the semolina left I may re-make the Spanish Orange Cupcakes I did a week or so ago, but instead of sweet I think I will go savory with some herbs, cheese and maybe some shredded chicken.

Other than trying to make a treat or two I think this weekend will be spent relaxing and just hanging out. Possibly going on another hike or wandering around downtown.

Does anyone else have weekend plans?

No comments: